15 Basic Rules Of Maintaining A Healthy Weight
1. Don't starve yourself- Its not healthy and is doomed for failure.
2. Prepare your own meals and snacks
3. Read labels- Watch out for added sugar, salt(sodium), and ingredients whose names you can't pronounce
4.Eat smaller portions and leave something on the plate.
5. Eat almost nothing from a box, a can or a plastic container
6. Eat 5 to 6 servings of fruit and vegetables per day.
7. Eat whole grains- complex carbohydrates only. Choose healthy grains such as quinoa ,kamut and spelt.
8. Minimize animal fat intake and all saturated fats with the exception of coconut oil.
9. Eat cold -water fish.
10. Eat junk food occasionally as long as you cook it yourself.
11. Drink plenty of filtered water. You can also drink green or black tea everyday.
12. Exercise and have fun doing it!
13. Plan on at least one social event with friends or family per week.
14. Get 7 hours of sleep a night.
15. Take vitamins, minerals or nutrraceuticals to supplement your diet and support your body's various systems.
(source: vista magazine)