ACKLIKEYOUKN_W With Stacey Mackenzie
As part of Calgary Fashion's first event for their ACTLIKEYOUKN_W series, super model Stacey Mackenzie was in town delivering a two day model intensive workshop as part of her Walk This Way Workshop a few weeks ago to educate models and aspiring models on proper etiquette in the fashion industry, while giving tips on how to have a long successful career. Stacey Mackenzie started her fashion career many years ago and has achieved great success and still continues to do so. She has walked for top designers like Jean Paul Gaultier, Thierry Mugler and Christian Lacriox and has been in numerous campaigns for major brands like Calvin Klein and MAC Cosmetics. Today, Stacey Mackenzie is a still a working model as well as a motivational speaker, TV personality and actress who is busy travelling all over the world empowering models and models to be. During the two day workshop, Stacey give some tips on the fashion industry, the different types of modelling and how to be a successful model. Here are some important tips that she shared.
- Find your niche. Know what type of model you want to be and will be successful at. ( High fashion, Commercial, Showroom, Body Part Models)
- Know your craft inside out to be successful.
- Find a reputable agency
- An agency that is excited about you.
- Works for you
-Gets the best for you
- Be on top of your finances as you are your own boss ( Pay your taxes)
- Have a lawyer and accountant.
- Take care of your skin ( Exfoliate and drink lots of water)
- Exercise and eat healthy.
- Always have a great attitude ( no whining or complaining)
- Nude strapless bra/tong
- Bring your own make-up
- Manicure kit
- Lip Gloss
- 2 pairs of stilettos ( nude/black)
- No Perfume
- No gum
- Always wear deodorant.
Overall, I learned a few tips about the modelling industry and It was a pleasure to meet the beautiful and captivating Stacey Mackenzie.