Joyce's Closet Goes Global
Global News was in style Saturday morning as Joyce’s Closet appeared on a fashion segment featuring the wardrobe essentials that every woman should have in her closet. What are your staple pieces that make every outfit customized to your personal liking? We curated a timeless selection of clothing that can shape the foundation of a fantastic wardrobe.
Joyce’s Closet collaborated with Hudson Bay and Top Shop to find ideal ensembles for our models. From scouring endless racks of gorgeous clothes and shoes to finding authentic pieces in our studio that really emphasize the right look, preparing for this fashion segment was creatively challenging and, most of all, incredibly fun!
Take a look at our behind the scenes moments that worked their way in front of the camera on Global television!
So what are the wardrobe essentials that every woman must have? We formed a stylish list of on demand items:
- Plain white t-shirt: We found the perfect crew neck plain white tee at Top Shop. A plain white tee is something that can be dressed down or dressed up. It serves as a blank canvas that can be matched with flavorful accessories or as a casual look paired with an edgy jacket.
- Leather motorcycle jacket: Alongside the perfect plain white tee at Top Shop, we discovered a beautiful leather motorcycle jacket with zippered embellishments and cross stitched decorative detail. Anyone can pull off a motorcycle jacket, especially with the right attitude! It shapes and heightens a confident, structural, and edgy appeal.
- Pencil skirt: A pencil skirt really streamlines a more sophisticated and polished look. Whether you’re putting in hours at the office or attending a casual get together, a great pencil skirt emphasizes a more stylish physique. We found a great pencil skirt at Hudson Bay by Highlight with a gorgeous bold horizontal stripe pattern.
- Little Black Dress (LBD): An LBD is something that transcends through time in fashion. The LBD we got our hands on was a beautiful Karl Lagerfeld dress with a white floral pattern and chain tassel belt.
- Trench coat: A trench coat is undeniably chic. There is something about the structure and feeling of a good trench coat to complement any outfit. We found a stylish spin on the classic look with a more flowing structure by Halston. Lightweight, practical, and flattering to any look, a trench coat in your wardrobe is the perfect outerwear piece.
- White tailored button-up: White button-ups are not just for school uniforms or monotonous office wear. A white tailored button-up, much like a plain white tee, sets the foundation of a fabulous outfit. You can pair it with patterns, accessories, denim, or any form of fashionable expression that allows you to still feel like you’re rocking a classic look. We found a wonderful crisp white button-up by Vera Moda inside Hudson Bay.
- Trouser pants: From bold or neutral colors to quirky standout patterns, a pair of trouser pants add a sense of fashionable professionalism to any wardrobe.
- Skinny dark denim jeans: Dark denim jeans hold high value when it comes to creating an essential wardrobe because they are versatile as well as trendy. Much like the fellow pieces on this list, dark skinnies are incredibly foundational if you’re starting an outfit with bottoms. They match with just about everything and range in how they can be worn, from cuffed with sneakers while running errands to paired with high heels while sipping cocktails at the lounge with your girlfriends.
- Patterned blouse: A patterned blouse shows off a whimsical twist to a basic outfit. For this piece we included an elephant patterned top by Joie that served as a statement element when it came to creating a look that was professional yet playful.
- Casual flat shoes: Flats are versatile in that they can either add a feminine and more girlie twist to any look, or even a street chic appeal. Adidas makes a great pair of classic black slip-ons with white rubberized soles that we added to our curated looks.
- Black pumps: Every wardrobe needs a pair of classic black pumps. Regardless of the occasion, black pumps consistently bring a sense of smart and sexy style to any outfit. We opted for a pair of pointed leather black pumps by Ivanka Trump that looked like they were ready for some camera time!
- Statement party heels: Nothing adds a pop of color or a glitz of glam quite like a statement heel. From intricate designs to a sprinkle of multicolored glitter, statement heels belong in every wardrobe to liven up a neutral outfit or to complement another statement piece like an ornate handbag or printed top. Our purple glittered peep-toe pumps by Nine West from Joyce’s Closet was the best pair to sparkle at the news studio.
After gathering potential pieces to showcase during the fashion segment, the next step was to piece them together for each model. Thanks to our collaboration with Hudson Bay and Top Shop, the looks that came to fruition were practical, timeless, and beautiful.
PUTTING LOOKS TOGETHER
We styled four separate looks, from casual to a little more formal. Our first look consisted of a plain white tee, leather motorcycle jacket, striped pencil skirt, black slip-ons, and a Rebecca Minkoff quilted leather orange handbag with gold chain strap from Joyce’s Closet. It’s a look that brings together edgy and casual with a hint of trendy sophistication
From casual to a tad more polished, we had our model rock a pair of cuffed dark skinny jeans, a slouchy trench coat, nude heels (also an essential!), a statement ornate silver necklace, and a classic white button-up. Top it off with a complementary clutch and you have yourself a fantastic set of items that create a look for a day or night.
Our take on a classic little black dress was paired with classic black pumps and a pop of color in a bright pink YSL clutch. This look is fabulous for date night, a night a out with the girls, or a black-tie event. It is highly versatile in that it can be loud and muted at the same time, depending on what you accessorize it with.
Office wear never has to be boring. This look can go from cubicle to club depending on how you wear it. We put together a patterned top tucked into a chic pair of high waisted white trousers, our stunning pair of glitter heels from Joyce’s Closet, and a gorgeous structured forest green handbag by Alexander McQueen. This look is polished, classy, and really showcases personality with prints and glitter.
Which look is your favorite? While choosing the right pieces to add to your wardrobe essentials, it’s important to gather items that emphasize your personal style. Mix low-end with high-end, and discover the right balance of trend and style. Most of all, remember to embrace your essentials with confidence, which is surely to shine through your consciously curated wardrobe!
From curating the right wardrobe to getting glam with hair and make-up, the process of putting everything together truly had Joyce’s Closet fashionably represented on the morning news.